Balance of Power; Aderyn's Philosophy on Life
It all starts with babies and mothers. One force of will produces by the result of action, effort, or work another separate individual who will have a different force of will by some point. In the beginning, there's a lot of cooperation, as much of what happens during pregnancy happens with almost no conscious effort, on both parts. After birth, Wills part slightly, just a little, and what each individual wants shifts just slightly away from each other, but still mostly coincides with one another. Babies want to be happy and feel good, and to experience and grow. Mothers want their babies to grow and learn, and to be happy and healthy. Success in the task of life is what we all generally aim towards.
As we grow up, we start to develop our own ideas of what we want, and about what the world is like versus what we want the world to be. As we grow stronger and smarter, we start experimenting with what we can get away with, how much we can influence others, what tools we can use to get people to do what we want them to. Adults have a stronger force of will than babies and children do because they have more tools to amplify their influence. Knowledge and experience to make more accurate statements and assumptions about what outcomes will be like, strength and balance to complete physical tasks independently, and well and fully developed coping mechanisms to overcome hardships. But what about when we've mostly developed as much as we're going to, and we have to balance our force of will with others who have a similarly developed set of tools to amplify their force of will?
When two people disagree about how the world should or should not be, or about what is or is not okay, how can they determine whose opinion is more valid? You could say they should have a debate until they can come to some sort of compromise or agreement, but what if participants don't even agree about what kind of outcome they're aiming to achieve? What if both disagreeing parties are convinced that their opinion is the only most valid opinion, that those which are different are wrong, and are the ones who must change? How does anyone establish what is "right" or "wrong"?
A lot of people base the validity of their opinion on how many people agree with them. Some others rely on their own independent sense of logic and reason to draw their conclusions. Different people value different things, and that same value of whatever it may be, exists solely in the perception of the thing. We're shaped by those around us, and we are results of our environments, results of the things we've learned by experience, and by the word of mouth of those we allow to influence us. We can only ever believe something is truly right or good, as what we know is based on what has been known. We know nothing outside our selves, and even our knowledge of our selves is yet limited. This is why I've come to the conclusion that a more accurate perception of the world can be achieved by abstaining from viewing things as being universally "right" or "wrong," but as being something we either do or do not want. My influence is limited, and the application of my morality is directly relevant to any situation's relevance to me, based on my limited perception. I see great value in the understanding of how small we are.
You may be familiar with the phrase, "Do unto others as you would have done unto you." From that, as well as a number of experiences, I've concluded that you must allow to be done to you what you wish to do to others. I've determined that I want to become a teacher, and so I need to allow myself to be taught before I can do that. Many people want to be heard and taken seriously, and if you want that for yourself, you have to listen and take others seriously. Everything is a two-way street when it comes to relationships. It is fair to have some expectation of others making the same effort you do or would make, but it's also important to sonder and remember that every single individual on the planet is just slightly different from the next, and that others may not have achieved the same capability of influence with their tools as you have. Some others have disadvantages you may not face, while others may be adept at some things you still struggle with. Everyone's fight is individual and global, as we each make attempts to influence each other in whatever ways we can. Every person is their own degree of whatever they are, and has hopes and dreams that may or may not involve your participation in order to be achieved.
As I always say, you can do anything as long as you can do the work it takes. Every person has a force of will that may or may not coincide with yours, and two people working together are stronger than one by default. If you want to accomplish something, it generally tends to help to find others who want the same thing as you. I've heard it said that people are like water, that they seek those at their own level, and it makes sense. We, as a whole species, are collectively moving forward in different ways and at different paces, like a liquid flowing over a surface. We're far from homogeneous if we are like a liquid, but we are all still also one thing, blending together and conducting metaphorical chemical reactions among ourselves as we reproduce and expand the space we occupy. We, as a whole, are doing something. We may not be doing it all that well, as so many of us want such different things that the balance of our forces of will cancel each other out, causing some level of friction, or else causing a neutralizing effect. However, I choose to live my life under the impression that one day, humans will begin to agree with each other often enough to harvest the force of will of what we are as a whole.
That's my goal. My philosophy on life. One day, to be human will mean something universal, and we'll all be capable of cooperating towards the same goals. I want to contribute to a world wherein people get along and love and understand each other, and I'm using my influence to apply my force of will and leading by example. I want to teach, so I am choosing to learn. I want to cause change, so I am choosing to allow myself to be changed. Balancing your force of will with that of others can cause greater changes than any one person can achieve, and that's something I want. To contribute. I want cooperation, so I'm being cooperative, at least to the best of my abilities.
And I think that's all it takes: Doing your best. We're all progressing together, and I think it's better to be a part of the changes the majority want than to cause conflict and to be self-centered and egotistical in how we use our force of will. When I become discouraged about how I view the state of the world, or when it appears that I'm alone in the way I feel, I remind myself that We are making Progress, in the grand scheme of things, and that even if I truly am alone, which I sincerely doubt, then at least I will have done my very best to be what I think a person should be. Adaptable. Understanding. Patient. A force of will with an open mind. Just do your best to be what you think you should be like. Try to remember that you're part of a whole, and that you are not alone in your desires and goals, nor in having desires and goals, though many may differ from your own. You are a human, and you were born to succeed. It's what we do.
As we grow up, we start to develop our own ideas of what we want, and about what the world is like versus what we want the world to be. As we grow stronger and smarter, we start experimenting with what we can get away with, how much we can influence others, what tools we can use to get people to do what we want them to. Adults have a stronger force of will than babies and children do because they have more tools to amplify their influence. Knowledge and experience to make more accurate statements and assumptions about what outcomes will be like, strength and balance to complete physical tasks independently, and well and fully developed coping mechanisms to overcome hardships. But what about when we've mostly developed as much as we're going to, and we have to balance our force of will with others who have a similarly developed set of tools to amplify their force of will?
When two people disagree about how the world should or should not be, or about what is or is not okay, how can they determine whose opinion is more valid? You could say they should have a debate until they can come to some sort of compromise or agreement, but what if participants don't even agree about what kind of outcome they're aiming to achieve? What if both disagreeing parties are convinced that their opinion is the only most valid opinion, that those which are different are wrong, and are the ones who must change? How does anyone establish what is "right" or "wrong"?
A lot of people base the validity of their opinion on how many people agree with them. Some others rely on their own independent sense of logic and reason to draw their conclusions. Different people value different things, and that same value of whatever it may be, exists solely in the perception of the thing. We're shaped by those around us, and we are results of our environments, results of the things we've learned by experience, and by the word of mouth of those we allow to influence us. We can only ever believe something is truly right or good, as what we know is based on what has been known. We know nothing outside our selves, and even our knowledge of our selves is yet limited. This is why I've come to the conclusion that a more accurate perception of the world can be achieved by abstaining from viewing things as being universally "right" or "wrong," but as being something we either do or do not want. My influence is limited, and the application of my morality is directly relevant to any situation's relevance to me, based on my limited perception. I see great value in the understanding of how small we are.
You may be familiar with the phrase, "Do unto others as you would have done unto you." From that, as well as a number of experiences, I've concluded that you must allow to be done to you what you wish to do to others. I've determined that I want to become a teacher, and so I need to allow myself to be taught before I can do that. Many people want to be heard and taken seriously, and if you want that for yourself, you have to listen and take others seriously. Everything is a two-way street when it comes to relationships. It is fair to have some expectation of others making the same effort you do or would make, but it's also important to sonder and remember that every single individual on the planet is just slightly different from the next, and that others may not have achieved the same capability of influence with their tools as you have. Some others have disadvantages you may not face, while others may be adept at some things you still struggle with. Everyone's fight is individual and global, as we each make attempts to influence each other in whatever ways we can. Every person is their own degree of whatever they are, and has hopes and dreams that may or may not involve your participation in order to be achieved.
As I always say, you can do anything as long as you can do the work it takes. Every person has a force of will that may or may not coincide with yours, and two people working together are stronger than one by default. If you want to accomplish something, it generally tends to help to find others who want the same thing as you. I've heard it said that people are like water, that they seek those at their own level, and it makes sense. We, as a whole species, are collectively moving forward in different ways and at different paces, like a liquid flowing over a surface. We're far from homogeneous if we are like a liquid, but we are all still also one thing, blending together and conducting metaphorical chemical reactions among ourselves as we reproduce and expand the space we occupy. We, as a whole, are doing something. We may not be doing it all that well, as so many of us want such different things that the balance of our forces of will cancel each other out, causing some level of friction, or else causing a neutralizing effect. However, I choose to live my life under the impression that one day, humans will begin to agree with each other often enough to harvest the force of will of what we are as a whole.
That's my goal. My philosophy on life. One day, to be human will mean something universal, and we'll all be capable of cooperating towards the same goals. I want to contribute to a world wherein people get along and love and understand each other, and I'm using my influence to apply my force of will and leading by example. I want to teach, so I am choosing to learn. I want to cause change, so I am choosing to allow myself to be changed. Balancing your force of will with that of others can cause greater changes than any one person can achieve, and that's something I want. To contribute. I want cooperation, so I'm being cooperative, at least to the best of my abilities.
And I think that's all it takes: Doing your best. We're all progressing together, and I think it's better to be a part of the changes the majority want than to cause conflict and to be self-centered and egotistical in how we use our force of will. When I become discouraged about how I view the state of the world, or when it appears that I'm alone in the way I feel, I remind myself that We are making Progress, in the grand scheme of things, and that even if I truly am alone, which I sincerely doubt, then at least I will have done my very best to be what I think a person should be. Adaptable. Understanding. Patient. A force of will with an open mind. Just do your best to be what you think you should be like. Try to remember that you're part of a whole, and that you are not alone in your desires and goals, nor in having desires and goals, though many may differ from your own. You are a human, and you were born to succeed. It's what we do.
Comments
Post a Comment