Trust and Touch; The Sensory Atmosphere
People touch each other all the time. When we're born, the "touching" an unborn infant does with it's mother is less like touching and more like integration, until the umbilical cord is cut and an infant is laid on it's mother's chest. From there, we're touched by our parents often by being held, helped, and guided, and then later, whether it's with siblings or peers in a class, we learn about physical boundaries and the way touch can influence a person. Some are much more sensitive to touch than others, and in the case of those like myself, much more sensitive.
When I'm at work, anytime someone bumps into me or touches me by accident, they apologize. I realize that in a workplace environment, physical touch between individuals is typically frowned upon, but every time I hear the word, "sorry," when someone gets close to me or touches me, I feel the urge to challenge it. I took the love languages test not too long ago and found that the primary love language I understand is physical touch. This has led to a number of reactions and realizations about myself that I'm still working to make use of. The most prevalent goal I can see in knowing this is figuring out how I can gear this towards my mastery of Authentic Magic.
I tripped on psychedelics this week with my primary at home, and found a phrase that helped even myself to understand what Magic is and how to use it, and the conversation we were having was about touch. My sensory experience has an atmosphere. I believe this is true of everyone; the combination of our senses enable us to perceive things remotely that we can't physically touch, such as sight, sound, and smell, but what I mean by a sensory atmosphere is a physical sensation like when something or someone is touching you, but remote, like the whiskers of a cat. I think the little hairs all over our bodies are sensitive just like how the hairs on our heads are, and if you look into it, you'll find that there are many cultures around the world which regard hair as a spiritual organ, or at the very least that a persons hair symbolizes some aspect of one's spiritualism.
Regardless of how sensitive one is to their hair, I've heard accounts of and experienced personally the sensation of being watched, or else of there being someone in the room or the house when no one is to be found. You might attribute this sensation to the existence of ghosts and spirits, and I wouldn't say that those things don't exist, but in the event that you feel as though you're being watched and you do find that someone is looking at you, that sensitivity could be the same sense that would enable you to perceive things that others can't, and furthermore, this could make you into what is referred to as a psychic.
I'm of the belief that humans are not as evolved as we've ever been, and I believe that the stories of other species of humans from the bible are the same hominid species that were displaced by modern homo sapiens. Much further back in history, I believe it's easily possible that previous to an event I'll call the Fall of Man, before the Great Pyramids were built, humanity had abilities that we would now consider very psychic, such as communicating telepathically, remembering the future, and probably even telekinesis. This belief leads me to the conclusion that those abilities are not only fabled, but are potentials of the humans who exist today, and will exist in the near future (in terms of the next few centuries).
Cultivating your awareness of each of the five senses can allow you to be more balanced, more aware, and more able. I enjoy a metaphor with myself internally that's easy to identify as the premise of a popular TV series, Avatar the Last Airbender. In everything I've seen from this show, the benders never use their hands directly on their element, it's always a remote influence channeled through the hands and fingertips and cast out onto the element. The image in my head is that of a water or airbender (two elements I myself have an affinity with) spinning a ball of magic between their hands, one above and one below. A similar image is one you might see when observing someone meditating or practicing balanced positions of yoga, with the palms and fingers pressed together at the heart.
If you own or use a mod, or if you have friends who vape, you've probably seen someone blow out rings, pool up the vapor and make a tornado, or perform any other number of smoke tricks. I think that interacting with magic and using it is comparable with performing smoke tricks in the way that the only way you can influence a pattern of air movement once it's left you is by ruining it with your physical hands. If you want to make a smoke ring, the way you do that has everything to do with the source of movement, the shape of the mouth and the pace and length of the breath, then the ring is what follows by nature. One could argue that smoke tricks are performed best by placing emphasis on the will one has to create the effect. You will the ring into existence more than you blow it, and those who are more familiar with how to create them do so virtually without thinking. The same could be said of magic. The best magic workers perform their magic primarily through manipulating their bio-electric fields, their auras, and any physical tools, crystals, the physical body, bells, come second. The metaphysical presence of a healer and the client are fundamental to any kind of metaphysical work that might be done.
When you look into metaphysics and what it means to be present with yourself, it can be surprising to find how few people are sincerely aware of themselves. I've "lost" myself on multiple occasions, to a various number of forces, and finding myself again tends to come a little bit more naturally each time now that I've practiced being present with myself so much, and I'm still a small grasshopper in the world of metaphysics and self-development.
I dated someone a few years ago who was into hunting with riffles, and he took me out to shoot clay pigeons once, when I discovered that I actually have a pretty fair sense of aim. Today while making notes on an hour segment of a talk by Alan Watts, it occurred to me that practicing my aim and balance may be a couple of good ways to bring myself to be more in tune with my essence. I've been out classic skating with a few different friends on different occasions, and practicing my balance on wheels has been a blast so far. Beyond that though, while I would never endorse the NRA, I am thinking about what it might take to find a place where I can practice my aim a bit more, be it by throwing with my hands, shooting a bow and arrow, or shooting a shotgun or riffle, because it sounds like a good place to start practicing using my physical touch to perform authentic magic, and maybe sometime soon, the eye of a target will feel like home to me.
I've heard a phrase said that doing or saying something can "put a target on your forehead," and with the third eye chakra in mind, the forehead can be very much like a target. I have no intentions of shooting anybody between the eyes, but I've had a couple of experiences where touching someone on the forehead where the third eye is has caused full-body reactions, especially in the cases where I used a piece of amethyst to do the touching.
Growing up as a kid and as an adolescent, I didn't receive a whole lot of affectionate touching, and I've been sensing the lacking of that more currently as well. I knew someone who talked about being a "master of reciprocity," and it's very much like the Law of Attraction, so if I want to be touched affectionately more, I need to be more willing to do more touching. This is something I have a great deal of anxiety over, though, firstly because I am so physically sensitive to touch, but secondly because it's taken me so long to figure out how to establish my own boundaries that I find it incredibly difficult to trust others to do the same, especially in a kind or loving way, probably because when I establish boundaries with someone, I compulsively do so in a very prickly way.
I'll probably save touching people's third eyes for relationships with more previously established trust, but just to start, I also think I'll make it a point to touch more often when I feel moved to. Physical touch is an excellent way of establishing trust with someone, and I could use a great deal of work on that front. I know I'll find my groove eventually, and hopefully sooner rather than later. It all depends on me, the individual in question.
When I'm at work, anytime someone bumps into me or touches me by accident, they apologize. I realize that in a workplace environment, physical touch between individuals is typically frowned upon, but every time I hear the word, "sorry," when someone gets close to me or touches me, I feel the urge to challenge it. I took the love languages test not too long ago and found that the primary love language I understand is physical touch. This has led to a number of reactions and realizations about myself that I'm still working to make use of. The most prevalent goal I can see in knowing this is figuring out how I can gear this towards my mastery of Authentic Magic.
I tripped on psychedelics this week with my primary at home, and found a phrase that helped even myself to understand what Magic is and how to use it, and the conversation we were having was about touch. My sensory experience has an atmosphere. I believe this is true of everyone; the combination of our senses enable us to perceive things remotely that we can't physically touch, such as sight, sound, and smell, but what I mean by a sensory atmosphere is a physical sensation like when something or someone is touching you, but remote, like the whiskers of a cat. I think the little hairs all over our bodies are sensitive just like how the hairs on our heads are, and if you look into it, you'll find that there are many cultures around the world which regard hair as a spiritual organ, or at the very least that a persons hair symbolizes some aspect of one's spiritualism.
Regardless of how sensitive one is to their hair, I've heard accounts of and experienced personally the sensation of being watched, or else of there being someone in the room or the house when no one is to be found. You might attribute this sensation to the existence of ghosts and spirits, and I wouldn't say that those things don't exist, but in the event that you feel as though you're being watched and you do find that someone is looking at you, that sensitivity could be the same sense that would enable you to perceive things that others can't, and furthermore, this could make you into what is referred to as a psychic.
I'm of the belief that humans are not as evolved as we've ever been, and I believe that the stories of other species of humans from the bible are the same hominid species that were displaced by modern homo sapiens. Much further back in history, I believe it's easily possible that previous to an event I'll call the Fall of Man, before the Great Pyramids were built, humanity had abilities that we would now consider very psychic, such as communicating telepathically, remembering the future, and probably even telekinesis. This belief leads me to the conclusion that those abilities are not only fabled, but are potentials of the humans who exist today, and will exist in the near future (in terms of the next few centuries).
Cultivating your awareness of each of the five senses can allow you to be more balanced, more aware, and more able. I enjoy a metaphor with myself internally that's easy to identify as the premise of a popular TV series, Avatar the Last Airbender. In everything I've seen from this show, the benders never use their hands directly on their element, it's always a remote influence channeled through the hands and fingertips and cast out onto the element. The image in my head is that of a water or airbender (two elements I myself have an affinity with) spinning a ball of magic between their hands, one above and one below. A similar image is one you might see when observing someone meditating or practicing balanced positions of yoga, with the palms and fingers pressed together at the heart.
If you own or use a mod, or if you have friends who vape, you've probably seen someone blow out rings, pool up the vapor and make a tornado, or perform any other number of smoke tricks. I think that interacting with magic and using it is comparable with performing smoke tricks in the way that the only way you can influence a pattern of air movement once it's left you is by ruining it with your physical hands. If you want to make a smoke ring, the way you do that has everything to do with the source of movement, the shape of the mouth and the pace and length of the breath, then the ring is what follows by nature. One could argue that smoke tricks are performed best by placing emphasis on the will one has to create the effect. You will the ring into existence more than you blow it, and those who are more familiar with how to create them do so virtually without thinking. The same could be said of magic. The best magic workers perform their magic primarily through manipulating their bio-electric fields, their auras, and any physical tools, crystals, the physical body, bells, come second. The metaphysical presence of a healer and the client are fundamental to any kind of metaphysical work that might be done.
When you look into metaphysics and what it means to be present with yourself, it can be surprising to find how few people are sincerely aware of themselves. I've "lost" myself on multiple occasions, to a various number of forces, and finding myself again tends to come a little bit more naturally each time now that I've practiced being present with myself so much, and I'm still a small grasshopper in the world of metaphysics and self-development.
I dated someone a few years ago who was into hunting with riffles, and he took me out to shoot clay pigeons once, when I discovered that I actually have a pretty fair sense of aim. Today while making notes on an hour segment of a talk by Alan Watts, it occurred to me that practicing my aim and balance may be a couple of good ways to bring myself to be more in tune with my essence. I've been out classic skating with a few different friends on different occasions, and practicing my balance on wheels has been a blast so far. Beyond that though, while I would never endorse the NRA, I am thinking about what it might take to find a place where I can practice my aim a bit more, be it by throwing with my hands, shooting a bow and arrow, or shooting a shotgun or riffle, because it sounds like a good place to start practicing using my physical touch to perform authentic magic, and maybe sometime soon, the eye of a target will feel like home to me.
I've heard a phrase said that doing or saying something can "put a target on your forehead," and with the third eye chakra in mind, the forehead can be very much like a target. I have no intentions of shooting anybody between the eyes, but I've had a couple of experiences where touching someone on the forehead where the third eye is has caused full-body reactions, especially in the cases where I used a piece of amethyst to do the touching.
Growing up as a kid and as an adolescent, I didn't receive a whole lot of affectionate touching, and I've been sensing the lacking of that more currently as well. I knew someone who talked about being a "master of reciprocity," and it's very much like the Law of Attraction, so if I want to be touched affectionately more, I need to be more willing to do more touching. This is something I have a great deal of anxiety over, though, firstly because I am so physically sensitive to touch, but secondly because it's taken me so long to figure out how to establish my own boundaries that I find it incredibly difficult to trust others to do the same, especially in a kind or loving way, probably because when I establish boundaries with someone, I compulsively do so in a very prickly way.
I'll probably save touching people's third eyes for relationships with more previously established trust, but just to start, I also think I'll make it a point to touch more often when I feel moved to. Physical touch is an excellent way of establishing trust with someone, and I could use a great deal of work on that front. I know I'll find my groove eventually, and hopefully sooner rather than later. It all depends on me, the individual in question.
Comments
Post a Comment