Put Your Feet on the Ground; Energy Flow and Connection
Lately I've been sensing a deep and subtle commotion in the world around me. People seem to be waking up, asking questions, finding answers, and dealing with their crises in new and unprecedented ways. I myself have been working on and watching the balance of my chakras, trying to open the ones that are under active. It's been a relief, and a bit of an emotional adventure, and I am sensing active progress in myself. I feel different--and better. Previously, according to this little test I took on a website called Eclectic Energies, where you can be placed on the Enneagram, my first three and my sixth chakras were under active, and that's the root, under yourself; sacral (sex) chakra; the navel or solar plexus; and the third eye. I've read that you should generally work your way up from the bottom when working with chakras, which makes a lot of sense to me. I was thinking about it this morning, and I remember hearing in a particular video that depicts a global conspiracy theory, that the beings humans are descended from (which in almost every faith is gods, whether the gods birthed us or made us from the dirt), existed on such high frequencies and in dimensions that allowed them to manifest things physically despite their lack of a physical, corporeal existence. The theory was that the great pyramids were actually built from the top down by a being we could only perceive as a god. It was a fun thought to imagine what it would be like to open the crown and third eye first, how it might influence your worldview, what you might see or know with those channels open. But then I remembered my feet.
There's no chakra where your feet are unless you're seated on the floor for meditation (or what have you). I do my best to care for my feet when I can because I sincerely enjoy the stimulation there much like how many people enjoy massages in general, and I've also been looking into reflexology. The hands and feet are a particularly interesting point to me in a metaphysical sense, considering that our brains use electricity to communicate inside themselves, and with our bodies. Our nervous systems are vast and complex--I remember hearing somewhere that all your nerves lines up end to end could wrap around the entire Earth (was it twice?)--but if you look up the Homonculous, you'll find a very disproportionate rendition of a human with the size of each body part correlating to how sensitive to physical touch that piece of anatomy is. The Homonculous hands are huge, and the feet aren't nearly as big, but our feet serve a unique purpose in our bodies, and they have to be much tougher than any of the rest of our skins. This thick skin may not hold quite as many nerves as our hands, but they're still in there, buried under all that skin which protects them.
When I was little, my mother used to put Vick's vapor rub on the bottom of my feet and cover them with socks through the night when I was sick. It was then that I learned that there's actually a certain flow of toxins and excretions as well as absorption that happens through the soles of the feet. Just the same as how your hands and fingers are channels of your energy which can be harnessed to manipulate your surroundings (i.e. using your hands like normal, and then some), your feet and toes are channels of your energy that can also be harnessed to sustain you, as the earth is where we come from, and where we get all the things we ever need. Your feet are your direct and literal connection to this great celestial entity that we're fortunate enough to be the inhabitants and audience of.
Whenever I do yoga, I do my best to remember to give some attention to my feet, to stretch and massage and indulge them when and how I can, and the other day I actually did yoga outside at the park, barefoot. Having the dirt, grass and weeds under my feet was a beautiful feeling, despite how much dirt followed me into my home afterwards. The kind of connection you can have by just being barefoot outside is... elusive, when approached by any other means. There's nothing really quite like it.
So as the seasons change and he weather continues to grow warmer for the northern hemisphere, I suggest you take some time to try it out. Slip off your sandals. Curl your toes around some grass. Breathe deeply. Hell, if you feel moved to, if the sun is low enough not to harm you, try a bit of sungazing. You might be surprised at what happens when you explore the things everyone tells you you shouldn't do.
There's no chakra where your feet are unless you're seated on the floor for meditation (or what have you). I do my best to care for my feet when I can because I sincerely enjoy the stimulation there much like how many people enjoy massages in general, and I've also been looking into reflexology. The hands and feet are a particularly interesting point to me in a metaphysical sense, considering that our brains use electricity to communicate inside themselves, and with our bodies. Our nervous systems are vast and complex--I remember hearing somewhere that all your nerves lines up end to end could wrap around the entire Earth (was it twice?)--but if you look up the Homonculous, you'll find a very disproportionate rendition of a human with the size of each body part correlating to how sensitive to physical touch that piece of anatomy is. The Homonculous hands are huge, and the feet aren't nearly as big, but our feet serve a unique purpose in our bodies, and they have to be much tougher than any of the rest of our skins. This thick skin may not hold quite as many nerves as our hands, but they're still in there, buried under all that skin which protects them.
When I was little, my mother used to put Vick's vapor rub on the bottom of my feet and cover them with socks through the night when I was sick. It was then that I learned that there's actually a certain flow of toxins and excretions as well as absorption that happens through the soles of the feet. Just the same as how your hands and fingers are channels of your energy which can be harnessed to manipulate your surroundings (i.e. using your hands like normal, and then some), your feet and toes are channels of your energy that can also be harnessed to sustain you, as the earth is where we come from, and where we get all the things we ever need. Your feet are your direct and literal connection to this great celestial entity that we're fortunate enough to be the inhabitants and audience of.
Whenever I do yoga, I do my best to remember to give some attention to my feet, to stretch and massage and indulge them when and how I can, and the other day I actually did yoga outside at the park, barefoot. Having the dirt, grass and weeds under my feet was a beautiful feeling, despite how much dirt followed me into my home afterwards. The kind of connection you can have by just being barefoot outside is... elusive, when approached by any other means. There's nothing really quite like it.
So as the seasons change and he weather continues to grow warmer for the northern hemisphere, I suggest you take some time to try it out. Slip off your sandals. Curl your toes around some grass. Breathe deeply. Hell, if you feel moved to, if the sun is low enough not to harm you, try a bit of sungazing. You might be surprised at what happens when you explore the things everyone tells you you shouldn't do.
Comments
Post a Comment